page background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Painting the living room

Yes, two posts in one day, but that is the way things go around here.

This is what I am currently working on. Painting the burgundy paint a deep chocolate in our living room. I started out with 5 different samples and let me tell you, I am so glad I did. Some ended up with a green tint, others a black tint. Oh goodness. It was weird.

After much discussion, I am going with the chocolate color that is the farthest left. It's called roasted nuts and is the only one both Rick and I agreed on. It is probably not as dark as either one of us wanted, but it's a good choice. The pic was taken when all the paint was still wet, so it really doesn't look right.



And let me give credit where credit is due. Way back when, I had wanted to paint the lower burgundy portion a deep peacock turquoise color but then decided against that, since that would make my entire first floor some shade of blue. Then my dear husband said the following:

Why not paint it a brown color - like the color of dark coffee with just a touch of milk in it? Can I just say that I married the right man for me? It's like he understands me and my crazy creative brain.

It will be painted this weekend if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment