page background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tile coasters - so easy

Last week, Ella finished school and I needed to find teacher gifts so I turned to this project that I had done over Christmas time. Oh my - easy and turns out great!

16 cent tiles that I make into coasters.

Here's what you need:

4x4 tiles from Lowes/Home Depot
Modge podge
pretty scrapebook papaer
craft paint
felt
glue gun
paint brushes
Acrylic spray paint

1. Paint the edges to cover the white tile.



2. Spread some modge podge on the tile front and lay a piece of paper down and carefull smooth out. It may creat some bubbles, so make your modge podge very thin. Let dry and repeat this step THREE times. You want three good layers of modge podge.



3. Spray THREE layers of acrylic paint outside or in your garage. Thin even layers work best.

4. Glue felt on the back of the tile.

5. Let the tiles sit for 4 weeks so that they can cure. Don't stack them on top of each other, otherwise they will dry together!

Once they are cured, they are ready to use for either hot or cold beverages! Of course, I put this porject off till the last moment, hence I forgot to take a pic of the final project.....oh well!

1 comment: